Aug 18, 2008

A Dirty Little Secret

I’ve had a dirty little secret at my house – literally – a foul, nasty master shower and kitchen sink. We have endured hard water, calcium and mold build up for over a year that wouldn’t come clean for anything.

The worst thing happened last summer when I made a cocktail of four cleaning products and went at it – I ended up nearly asphyxiating myself in my master shower. Scary and so very stupid of me. I had the windows open and fans going for days to clear the polluted air.

We’ve tried product after product with no success. My husband was fed up with looking at the mess in the two most used water sources in our home. Just recently, he went to Lowe’s in search of “something”. He bought three products just to try them out having no expectation of them working – hey, nothing else has worked for us in the past…


Enter a super product, my husband and some elbow grease. It’s called Calcium Lime Rust - more commonly known as CLR - a household cleaning product used for dissolving calcium, lime and iron oxide stains/deposits from sinks, showers, tile and grout. My master shower is now clean as a whistle with all the nastiness washed down the drain pipe and my kitchen sink looks shiny new.

No comments: