Jul 7, 2008

My Safe Florida Home Program

The My Safe Florida Home Program is helpful for any owner of a single family home in east metro Orlando. You may have heard your co-workers talk about this or even the little radio spots…free wind inspections of your home conducted by the state, which may result in cost savings on your homeowner's insurance.

I applied online in mid-May. I was approved within about a week. The state-certified wind inspector was at my home the next day. Upon completion of his inspection, he handed me a receipt for the inspection, which I emailed to my insurance agent. My insurance agent sent a field person to my home to take exterior photos about three weeks later. I am still awaiting the final results, but I am hoping to receive some real cost savings on my homeowner’s insurance. I’ll share more once I hear back from my insurance agent.

If you are an owner of a single family home, take five minutes and check this out for yourself:

- go to http://www.myflorida.com/

- click on My Safe Florida Home icon at top of page, center
- click on I Want To Apply For A Wind Inspection icon at middle of page, center

No comments: